The main Geek Girl Collection
Nerd Lady Overview
Self-avowed geek Harriet tells her very own facts of friendship, household and extraordinary arena of trends.
Harriet’s cleverness just isn’t fundamentally a great support as she tries to pick the lady way through teenage confusions as a geeky outsider but, all things considered, after some unexpected minutes regarding the cat stroll, all stops well!
Shortlisted for the Leeds publication Awards 2014, 11-14 years class – Shortlisted for the Roald Dahl Funny award 2013 – March 2013 first for the Month
Besides our very own Lovereading specialist advice for nerd lady a small amount of LoveReading4Kids customers were fortunate enough are asked to examine this subject. Listed here is a taster. ‘i suggest this publication to teens every-where, truly an ageless standard that will be appreciated forever, see clearly!.’.
Scroll right down to read more reviews.
Guides from inside the Technical Lady Series:
Technical Lady Synopsis
“My name’s Harriet ways, and I am a nerd.”
Harriet ways knows that a pet possess 32 muscle tissue in each ear, a “jiffy” continues 1/100th of the second, while the person with average skills laughs 15 hours per day. She knows that bats usually change remaining whenever exiting a cave and therefore peanuts are among the ingredients of dynamite.
But she does not learn precisely why nobody in school appears to fancy their.
Then when Harriet was spotted by a high unit representative, she holds the chance to reinvent by herself.
Even though it indicates taking their closest friend’s fancy, taking on the wrath of the girl arch-enemy Alexa, and continuously embarrassing by herself facing impossibly handsome unit Nick. Though it means lying to people she likes.
Technical Female Viewer Analysis
Family love to read therefore and our Lovereading specialist view some of our very own Lovereading4kids viewer Analysis Panel comprise also lucky enough to learn and review this title. Look for their particular complete product reviews by pressing here.
- Zoe Crook – ‘I couldn’t quit scanning this guide. Certainly, visitors, this is the style of guide that may make you stay up all night long! You shouldn’t state you had beenn’t cautioned!’
- Robin Johansson,age 14 and Hannah Janman, years 11 – ‘Geek female was a phenomenal publication for women specifically, a lot more of a teenage/issues crisis than a kid’s book. I was therefore upset while I complete it, i must say i loved they!’
- Meaghan Lagan, age 14 – ‘I really enjoyed this guide given that it have an overall perspective.’
- Laoise Tabi, get older 14 – ‘It ended up being an extremely girly book, amusing and smart. Make fun of out loud high quality.’
- Kara, era 11 – ‘After checking out technical female, I experienced satisfied to be whom i’m since the book demonstrates you don’t need to wind up as other people, you can easily be yourself.’
- Stefanie Tucker, years 13 – ‘The plot are new and I discover myself personally empowered.’
- Alice D’Angelo, age 14 – ‘from first page, we enjoyed Harriet Manners along with her search on lives.’
- Sezen Mehmet, years 12 – ‘I really treasured checking out Geek lady. tinder and coffee meets bagel It had been engaging and an enjoyable drive of thoughts and laughs.’
- Delilah Acworth, get older 13 – ‘i would suggest this guide to youngsters almost everywhere, truly an ageless standard that will be remembered permanently, Read it!’
- Eloise Percy-Davis, years 12 – ‘Everyone loves the zany and warm-hearted manner in which Holly Smale writes and I also enjoy checking out a lot more of the woman perform!’
- Izzy browse, age 12 – ‘we can connect with this book, it addresses numerous areas of a person’s existence; struggling to squeeze in, finding-out who you are and achieving difficulties with friendships.’
- Rachel Bourn, get older 13 – ‘this is actually the funniest publication I’ve read in quite a few years. Harriet and her top (ONLY) buddy Nat are a couple of of the most extremely enjoyable figures We have come upon.’
- Mia prepare era 11 – ‘I would strongly recommend technical Girl to anyone who wants an effective make fun of and likes an unique facts.’
- Safiyah Afghan – ‘a great guide for teen women whom enjoy these clever publications about common youngsters whom have significant changes, but remain real to themselve.’
- Carla Mc Guigan years 12 – ‘This unique had been a tremendously fascinating browse and I also actually loved reading they. I look forward to checking out a lot more of Holly Smale’s books.’
- Emily Clowes, 11 – ‘Geek Girl is actually a great guide. Harriet and her closest friend, Nat live in a whole lot of trend. Are clever does not constantly support using your difficulties and Harriet discovers this out when she undergoes their teenager confusions. This guide is full of fun and rips; it’s a bit like being on a roller coaster and winding up at the conclusion of a catwalk each time.